We are located in the Western Lake District of Cumbria just an hours drive from the M6 Kendal Junction.
The Stanley Arms is a 14 en-suite room hotel and offers a conference facility, popular restaurant, 2 bars and probably the best river fronted beer garden in Cumbria!
The Stanley Arms Hotel is just minutes from Sellafield and Moorside Nu-Gen Sites and also very close to both Drigg and Thorp Sites.
We are able to offer the foregoing facilities;
- Free WIFI
- Conference Facility
- Restaurant and bar food available, as well as an extensive range of takeaway food from fish & chips to Pizzas.
- 14 en-suite room (Some newly refurbished)
- All rooms have TV/DVD players and tea/coffee making facilities
- Large car park to the side of the hotel
- Large beer garden abounding the River Calder
- Excellent walks, beaches and scenery minutes from the hotel
- Many local attractions including Muncaster Castle, Calder Abbey and Ravenglass & Eskdale Narrow Gauge Railway (Ratty)
The bars are open from noon through to 11.00pm every day.
Food is served between 12.00noon through to 20.30hrs with the exception of Mondays where we serve 12.00 to 14.30pm and 18.00 to 20.30pm.
We have a 5* Food Hygiene Rating – 2014 & 2015 Certificate of Excellence rating from Trip Advisor – In CAMRA’s 2015 & 2016 Good Beer Guide
Enjoy a lovely drink in a very friendly bar. There is a door leading to allegedly “The best beer garden in Cumbria”. The superb beer garden is situated right next to the river Calder and the Management hold full fishing rights to this popular river on the hotel bank side and all customers and residents with the appropriate license are welcome to use this facility by prior arrangement.
The Stanley Arms Hotel Restaurant is small but cosy and we also have a function / conference room which can be adapted to suit individual needs. We seek to provide the best in cuisine at a reasonable price. All meals are prepared individually using fresh local meat, vegetables and other produce where possible. To accompany your meal’s we offer a range of carefully selected wines and a selection of real ales and other drinks are available from our bar.
We also cater for business lunches, parties, meetings and groups. Our menu has a wide selection of dishes and specials which may be found in our menus and on our “Specials” board.
For more information on rooms and food, please go to above links